Aveda stress fix bodycare


Stress is the by product to our busy lives, an emotion we have all got used to feeling whilst trying to keep all the juggling balls of our lives in the air. Once in a while its nice to put those juggling balls down, lock yourself in the bathroom and have an undisturbed beauty session to recharge those batteries.

I tried Aveda's Stress-fix soaking bath salts £31 454g. Just pour under hot running water, the salts dissolve into a light milky oil which really nourish your skin and the aroma is carried on the hot steam to give your bathroom that spa like smell. I loved using these a bit to much as unfortunately only got 5 baths out of the tub and at £31 that's an expensive bath! Still cheaper than a spa day though, so either keep for those times of need or use sparingly.

After my bath I like to replenish the moisture loss by applying some nourishing lotion or potion, I usually prefer an oil but I really enjoyed using stress-fix body crème £36 200ml as it has a thick gel/cream consistency which is deeply moisturises thanks to the sustainably harvested sea algae,
shea butter and sunflower seed oil. It is also easy to lather on and absorbs well (but not completely), I would keep this to at night use only as can feel a little sticky when your putting clothes on.
I will say that each time I use these products I have the best nights sleep which is amazing at 40weeks pregnant!
(these products are safe to use during pregnancy but I would always wait till after the first trimester/ 3months to play it safe as aromatherapy oils are very potent and lavender is an emmenagogue so is best avoided in early pregnancy, but is helpful in child birth relieving pain and speeding delivery and clary sage encourages labour, enabling expectant mothers to relax and eases post-natal depression).

The range also includes Stress fix composition oil £22 50ml great for massage or as an after bath body moisturiser and crème cleansing oil £22 200ml it doesn't foam up but leaves your skin feeling clean and nourished so if you don't have time for a bath this is a great shower alternative.

Comments

Popular Posts